Thursday 15 October 2009

Get Smitten is Tickled Pink!



I usually try to do something, on a personal level, for breast cancer awareness month. One year I bought up about 30 of the pink ribbon pins to use as gift tags on my friends' Christmas presents but this year I wanted to reach out wider than to just my personal contacts.
So last week when I got my hands on some amazing hot pink yarn for making beanies, the idea hit me for a mini campaign on the Get Smitten site... and so Tickled Pink was born. Well better late than never, don't you think?!
I whipped up a couple of models for the beanies: Hot Flush is a super chunky 100% merino version of the popular Prom Queen beanie with a cute metallic gold & pink fabric covered button and Careless Whisper is a mohair blend, slouch fit beanie featuring a gorgeous lace stitch. I also created a lovely pearl bracelet called Lady Muck... I love that the heart & old brass swallow charm remind me of those 'Mother' tattoos while looking decidedly glam at the same time!
So this year's effort will see a huge 25% from the sales of the Tickled Pink products going directly to breast cancer research throughout October. I hope you'll join me in helping this worthy cause

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails