Friday 22 October 2010

*Designer* - Get Smitten Autumn Winter 2010 Palette


















I collect yarns throughout the year from all manner of sources to use in my Autumn/Winter collection. When it comes to starting production of the knitwear range (yep it's well under way already!) I have to make the choice of which of the colours to work with

I do like to keep my beady eye on colour trends - in fact it's a huge part of what I do both in terms of my styling work as well as designing for Get Smitten. However, based on the fact that the majority of my yarns are sourced at car boot sales or are reclaimed from previously owned knitwear, I am always surprisingly chuffed with myself when my colour palettes are in keeping with the current trends for the High Street

{For those of you who are unaware, I do actually unravel suitable sweaters/jumpers/blankets in order to re-use the yarn. I am consciously trying to reduce the hideous quantity of textile waste the fashion industry creates!}


Having made my selection of yarns for this coming chilly season, I was delighted to receive a newsletter by UK's Monsoon showcasing a pretty good match of colours & textures. Yippeeee!



















And, of course, there is always Livingetc on hand to confirm that I am on the right track

The Get Smitten beanies will be available as of early December... there are a few new patterns I have created for you too - a bit more fancy stitchery pokery this year! You'll get a sneak preview in November & the opportunity for some touchy-feely action if you come along to the exclusive private sale in late November (dates & venue to be announced soon!)

Now, if you don't mind, I have a little bit of crochet to attend to!


{images by Lisa Pocklington & Monsoon UK}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails