Saturday 22 October 2011

Thinking Pink in October


There's just one week left of October and the opportunity to help me raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness!

I have been an active supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness for the past ten years and each October I make an effort not only to help raise awareness of the disease, but also to raise funds to help scientists find a cure by donating a portion of my Get Smitten sales during the month.

This year I have earmarked a few pink items in the Get Smitten boutique (which is still currently residing at the friendly site of Etsy - International marketplace for all things handmade - until I get the dedicated website relaunched) from which I will be donating 50% of the sale price to the charity


I designed a bold crochet bracelet especially for the event - I love the delicacy of the gold chain against the chunkyness of the yarn and the hot pink really pops! It's also light as a feather which makes it so easy to wear; mine has become a real Autumn accessory favourite!


I don't usually list my hand crocheted beanies on the site as they are sold in exclusive boutiques but I couldn't resist offering my Careless Whisper slouchy mohair best-seller, again in hot pink


And of course there are several choices of gorgeous vintage fabric fat quarters in various shades of pink and floral patterns to fall in love with. I pulled four pink ones together as a sweet mini collection - do you like it?


Oh, and I re-introduced a couple of the super cute Hair Candy clips featuring two of my favourite pink vintage fabrics - this particular fabric is dear to my heart as it is leftover fabric from a dress my lovely Mum made for me as a little girl. How cute?!

I have also joined forces with the unstoppable Knitting in France, who is holding a fund raising sale of hand knitted hats for the same cause. I'm sending a range of Get Smitten beanies for her event. Good luck Borghildur!

Many thanks for your support and if you're a lady... don't forget to Feel Your Boobies - or get someone else to do it for you! {wink!}

with love
Lisa x

{photos by Lisa Pocklington for Get Smitten, Careless Whisper beanie photo by Jeremy Wilson}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails