Thursday 24 November 2011

Attitude of Gratitude


Although Thanksgiving is not a holiday we Brits (or French) celebrate, it is fast becoming my favourite celebration... I'm a huge convert to the power of an attitude of gratitude and am very much still in the habit of keeping a Gratitude Journal

Here are a few things I am giving thanks for right now
  1.  For the new friendships I've formed over this last year via my work and passion for textiles
  2. For all the wonderful friends I've been able to reconnect with thanks to the internet
  3. For my improved mental & physical health
  4. For being able to spend rare quality time with family members this last weekend
  5. For everyone who has bought a Get Smitten product and attended any of my workshops
  6. For the clarity I now have on where Get Smitten is heading
  7. For the interesting work opportunities that are beginning to show up
  8. For laughter and kindness
  9. For unconditional love both near and far
  10. For being called 'my best friend' by my 3 year old niece
  11. For booking a trip back to England to see family and friends for Christmas
  12. For my early Birthday prezzie from the girls (seriously gorgeous shoes!)
  13. For the swift recovery of my dislocated knee-cap (gross)
  14. For the incredible resources at my fingertips
  15. For learning how to cut negativity out of my mindset and choosing to be positive
  16. For being able to do what I love and love what I do
What are you giving thanks for today? Do you keep a gratitude journal? Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside when you express gratitude? It does me

Oh and by the way... thanks for being here, I really appreciate it!

Lisa xx

{huge thanks to Amanda Cowell of Violet for her Gratitude Embroidery Hoop framed wall art, I totally love it!}

2 comments:

  1. Great uplifting post, and I'm so happy to be a part of it! :) Thanks for including my embroidery hoop art.
    I'm thankful to be an auntie for the first time - my sweet little nephew was born 2 days before Thanksgiving. I got to hold him while I was eating my Thanksgiving dinner next to my own 2 children and felt very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful thing to be thankful for Amanda :) being an Auntie is a real blessing & I can't wait to see all 7 (!!) of my nieces & nephews over Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails