Sunday 22 January 2012

*Designer* - New Sewing & Crochet Pattern by Get Smitten. Let it Snow!


We are experiencing massive snow storms here in the French Alps - the size of the snowflakes on Saturday night were the biggest I've ever seen.... like giant feathers, silently floating to earth; it was magical!

It is a happy coincidence then, that the latest pattern from my Get Smitten studio is all about having snow-fall on demand from the prettiest cloud in town. I launched the Let it Snow! cloud mobile pattern earlier this week on Etsy so I thought I'd let you know about it too!


I have committed to launching a new Get Smitten pattern each month throughout 2012 - so watch this space for updates and news..... and to keep me accountable to achieve that goal!

All my Get Smitten patterns are available in downloadable pdf format and contain full, detailed instructions on how to make each item. I take you step by step through the process as if you were on one of my creative workshops and provide close up photos to help you deal with any tricky parts. In fact those of you who have attended any of my creative workshops will know the level of detail and extra helpful information I put in my hand-outs!


The Let it Snow! cloud mobile is a super simple sewing pattern - complete with cloud template - which looks gorgeous made up in any of my Get Smitten vintage fabrics. All you need is...

* 1 fat quarter of vintage fabric

* some ribbon

* 1 skein of embroidery cotton

* a crochet hook

* pre-made mini pompoms or felted balls

* stuffing

....and it really should only take you a few hours to make {honest!}


The photos were taken a few days before this latest fresh dump of snow and it was about ten degrees below zero... seriously chilly stuff, we didn't stick around too long I can tell ya! I had wanted to wear my funky blue Mary Jane shoes with this outfit but there was no way my little tootsies would ever have survived! Fur lined boots were a much wiser choice! I'm also loving my new grey lace tights and denim blue nails; do you like?

The tiny pompoms used here were actually cut from some upholstery trim I had (in fact they were the inspiration for this sweet creation!) but you can buy pre-made ones in most craft stores or even have a go at making your own. My friend Samantha has written a great tutorial on how to make felt balls on her blog


I hope you like the first pattern release of the year, I am excited to get started on February's one already. I'll release it early on in the month as it will be Valentine related and you'll need time to get busy on it ready for the 14th!

Do you have snow where you are? Do you still get excited when the first flakes fall?

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails