Wednesday 21 March 2012

An Apple a Day...?

In case you've been wondering where I've been hiding of late, I had a few technical hitches that quite honestly scared me silly and made me realise how dependent I've become on certain devices... namely the ones with the apple-type logo!

Thankfully, what I initially feared as a total lost-it-all-forever disaster (remember that episode from Sex and the City??) actually turned out to be a very 'blonde' mistake - yep, the cable had come loose at the back & dropped out mid blog post. Having not been very diligent with my back-up habits, I panicked and it took me 2 whole days to 'fess up to JW that all was doomed, only to find (most gladly) that in fact I was just a techno numpty!

However, the thought of losing all my data, images and bookmarks got me thinking and I'm pleased to report that I chose right there and then to take some positive, preventative ACTION, as opposed to the typical, panicked REACTION that would be inevitable should my ancient system actually give up on me!

I am now the proud owner of a Mac Mini that actually supports my not-so-smart iPhone 3G and a spanking new iPad. I am officially embracing technology, technology is my friend! I can now back up all my treasured info with iCloud, sync my devices and work from wherever I may be... I see this as a good thing!

I am grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Lisa x

{gorgeous retro apple print by They UK - visit their Etsy shop here!}

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad all was not lost! We all have those moments where we are so scared/frustrated and pissed at ourselves for not doing the obvious "should haves" that we forget to check the most obvious and simple solutions. Happy to hear your all re-connected:)

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails